Important Guidelines : Admissions (2013 – 2014) – Indian Schools in Muscat:
- Indian nationals currently residing in Oman and seeking admission for the academic year (2013 – 2014) for their children are eligible to register online as per schedule given below:
KG I – From 27th December 2012 onwards
KG II – From 29th December 2012 onwards
Classes I to IX – From 01st January 2013 onwards
- The closing date for submission of online applications (Common Registration Forms) for all the above classes will be 26th January 2013.
- Online registration is mandatory and only one form needs to be filled for one child as system will not accept any duplication.
- A unique login registration number and password will be generated and sent by email to the email address and by SMS to the registered mobile number as per the details submitted online.
- After online registration the applicant has to take a print of the completed application form, attach copies of A) child’s passport copy Oman resident visa page copy (if available) B) father’s or guardian’s resident card, as per the requirements and submit the same at the admission cell of any one of the above six Indian schools with payment of a non-refundable processing fee ofOMR. 10.000 per application. The last date for submission of the duly signed form with above mentioned documents & payment of processing fee at schools is 28th January 2013.
- If you are seeking admission for a child whose sibling is already enrolled in one of the six capital schools you need to follow the same procedure as above, but the submission of form and payment of processing fee have to be necessarily made at that relevant school only. First choice to be given should be the same school as that of sibling; unless another school is preferred in that case no sibling preference will be given.
- Online registration form can be edited using the registration number and password ONLY till payment of processing fee and acceptance of your application form at the school. After acceptance of application by the school NO amendments in the registration form can be made.
- Morning shift classes are available in all the 6 schools. Indian school Al-Wadi Al-Kabeer and Indian School Muscat have afternoon shifts also for classes KG I to STD V.
- Preference in any particular school may be given to the siblings of those who are already on the rolls of that school, ONLY if the same school is marked in the application as his/her FIRST CHOICE. In Case of siblings of ISM & ISWK the first TWO choices have to be necessarily marked morning & afternoon shifts of the relevant school, failing which the application will not be considered for the siblings category. For E.g. If a parent is applying for a sibling child for Class I in ISM, if marked ISM (Morning shift) as first choice, parent has to necessarily mark ISM (Afternoon shift) as his second choice. Otherwise the application will NOT be considered for preferential allotment for sibling in ISM. Same is the case with ISWK as well.
- Tentative vacancies section of the website may be checked by the parents to know the available vacancies in each school before marking their choices in the online application form.
- Parents are kindly advised to go through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section of this website before filling in the online registration form to clarify various queries they may have.
- Parents are advised to check the website frequently for any updates and notifications regarding the admission process. Updates and circulars regarding the admission process shall be posted on the circulars section of this website.
- In case of any queries not addressed in the website, parents may contact the Admission cell of relevant schools (first choice). Parents are not to visit BoD office without prior appointment. Telephonic queries regarding admission will be attended ONLY during the enquiry hours 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm, Saturday through Wednesday.
- Admission may be given by the schools ONLY subject to availability of seats.
( For more details visit: http://www.indianschoolsoman.com/Guid.aspx )